Who is my Vision?

Have I ever felt that life is unfair? That things fall apart? That it is not good how things are? That I am not treated in a fair way?

Interestingly, my answer does not depend on the circumstances around me but rather within me.

In the Psalms, David shows the same truth to be valid throughout the times. We may be surrounded with difficulties. We may face injust treatment from people we have shown love to. We can be pressed, in anguish, hated and persecuted. And still maintain hope, joy, future, and deep trust, which lead us to a lifestyle of praise!

How can it be?

In the darkest moments, we still have the possibility to look at the light, and the darkness loses its grip and power. In within us. In within my heart and soul!

When I know, as e.g. in Psalm 145, that

Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise, 
his greatness no one can fathom...

and I will meditate on your wonderful works...

I choose to look at, to think about what God has done, not on what others may or may not have.

The Lord is slow to anger and rich in love.
The Lord is good to all;
He has compassion on all he has made.

When my compassion falls short, I can get new eyesight from the best doctor ever, who models loving the unlovable. Who personifies faithfulness and unconditional acceptance, who is goodness pure in the very essence of his being.

It is contagious.

It is true.

And I know that whether of not the circumstances around me change,

The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.
He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; 
he hears their cry and saves them.
The Lord watches over all who love him,
but all the wicked he will destroy.

It is not my task to worry but to trust. To know the truth of how my God is.
I am invited to pour out my heart before him, to fear him, and to ask him to help me
to live according to His standards.
I am not tobe the judge, that belongs to him, who is good to all. And whose love to all people
is to spread into mine as well.

This is my God, and

My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord.
Let every creature praise his holy name
for ever and ever.

Kommentit