The Beauty of His Presence - it is a Home!


The beauty of His presence


The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before mein the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
(Psalm 23, ESV)


We were traveling in the Northern Europe over the summer. And I suddenly noticed, that I hardly actually was missing nothing from the things we have in our home in Germany. We got a one-room flat for use in Finland, furnished it from the second hand shop with used furniture, and half of the times we spent living with people or at homes of our friends while they were gone. Thus, living out of suitcases, knowing that we will give up basically everything after the summer. The last day, some of the things we had had from the second hand shop was picked up by our friends, who bought the things for themselves. Other things, dishes, furniture, and decoration items ended up to the same place we had picked them up from. It was time to move on. But this was one of the most beautiful summers we have had! 



Bible says that here on the Earth, we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come (Hebrews 13,14; ESV). To have a home, a house, an apartment is a dream and important thing for so many. But none of that has eternal value. It provides us shelter for a moment, but what is of real value is to be in God's presence. And that we enjoyed over the summer in several different places.

In the Psalm 23 David writes about the beauty and immeasurable value of having the home of our heart in God. When we know Him, He gives us what we need. From him we receive peace, guidance, restoration, healthy soul, comfort, joy, goodness, mercy - and a true home! And that home is not bound to a place. It is placed in the relationship we have with the one, who gave His all for us! Bible is full of passages talking about the presence of God, and how He offers that. Let's seek Him, let's place Him to the most prioritised place in our hearts and lives. I pray that me and you would, wherever we are, whether in a palace or a shabby hut or without a roof, give space for God in our hearts. In Him, our heart has a home, and out of that we receive everything we truly need in this life. And in midst of all circumstances, His goodness will never leave us. In midst of difficulties, challenges, and enemies, we have an overflowing joy, peace, and inner home. Nothing and no-one can take it from us, nothing can separate us from His love! Have a blessed day!

Kommentit